SUMMER 2013 THEME HAS BEEN PICKED! THE THEME IS: Summer Breeze!!
THERE WILL BE SIGN-UPS FOR THIS EVENT. IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE, SEND A NOTE TO GHOSTLYBARD WITH THE NAME OF THE SONG YOU ARE PERFORMING AND THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE PLAYING WITH YOU
LOCATION: Taillteann Graveyard Channel 3 5-7pm Pacific Time (8-10 Eastern Time & 7-9pm Central)
As the sheer amount of attendance has shown us, the Bard Off has become a semi-serious competition as more and more people sign up for each event. With this in mind, the event has undergone a re-format.
The event is being presided over by GHOSTLYBARD as Master Judge. Not all judges will be bards as to include the non-bard perspective in judging. Judges are committed to being fair and balanced, with no favoritism shown to friends or "celebrities".
Judging shall be based on the following:
- Originality: Creating your own arrangement of a song will score you higher in this category. Songs that have been played over and over in Dunbarton will not get you as high a score.
- Technicality: Note that this does not necessarily mean "complicated". A song that will score high in this category will sound polished, finished, like it is meant to be played on that instrument. A song that will score low in this category will sound raw, unfinished, and wrong for the instrument.
- Theme: The bardoff theme is Summer Breeze (and you will be rewarded with bonus points!)
- Ghostly Special: Play his favorite song and you will be awarded with a special prize that is set aside specifically for this. No one knows what it is not even me.
The judging will be based on a scale of 1 - 10 and your average between judges is your score
- The Event is 2 hours long or until done.
- We have decided that there is no time limit on your scroll.
- You can do one solo and one group.
- Bard Skills/Buffs are preferred as it allows a perfect play every time.
1st place: Will get 1 date with Ghostly guy or girl. No prejudice here. (Shakaya may or may not be stalking xD)
( Spooklee might punch him in the teeth afterwards for turning the event into personal gain ;p - Spook )
There will be no brackets this year it's just one bard off between all players due to lack of players for specific brackets. If we get enough interest and at least 5 bands interested we will be happy to bring back The Battle of the Bands for the next Fair.
IF WE NEED TO MOVE THE BARDOFF BECAUSE OF TROLLS IT WILL BE DONE ONE ON ONE WITH GHOSTLY ON HIS HOMESTEAD
Once upon a time, when magical music was still a mythical legend told around camp fires and Composing only went up to Rank A, some players got together and came up with a brilliant idea; A contest for composers and musicians to preform music from their heart instead of "yet another Naruto Theme song". While it was agreed that some shows and movies had some excellent music, and popular bands were popular for a reason, everyone lusted for a new sound. Musicians all over the land began to pluck their lute strings and scribble down notes in an effort to bring the songs of their souls to the ears of those around them.
When the event finally went down, Spook was neck deep in monsters at the bottom of a dungeon and missed the actual event, but the repercussions bounced all over the server when the player held event was completed. There was chatter for weeks afterwords about who's music was the coolest, or who made a heart-wrenching performance. New scrolls were being sold in shops, broadcasting the most loved songs to the rest of the server and people everywhere enjoyed the challenges of a perfect song with limited composing.
But that event was almost two years ago, and Spook hasn't heard of an event since. The music has slowly faded away and now when Spook goes looking for a new song, he mostly sees 'Full Metal Alchemist', 'Naruto', 'Bleach', or 'Linkin Park' to name a few. Spook is worried the artists and the adventurers of the musical wonder that is Mabinogi's Music system have forgotten what its like to have a captive audience say "Wow, I haven't heard that before!"
So, Spook proposes a challenge, now that the music system has expanded so much since those times. After talking to a few interested parties, the contest and the rules have been carefully crafted. Special prizes have been donated with the direct intent and purpose to be offered for this event ONLY. (If no one shows up for the bard off, the prizes will go back to their owners, as requested.)